For retired assets that do not contain critical data, the techBOX™ is a perfect disposal solution which offers complete containment-to-disposal management.
The flat rate includes containment, processing, transportation, recycling, and a detailed audit report with Certificate of Destruction.
UA premier recycling solution designed for businesses of any size.
Experience our step-by-step process for IT asset removal
Easy to use. Safe. Secure.
Protect your brand.
How It Works.
How do I recycle my assets?
- You will receive an email confirmation for your order.
- Within 48 hours your techBOX will be shipped out with tracking provided.
- Place your techBOX where is most convenient for you and fill it at your own pace.
- Once you’ve filled your techBOX, close it up and secure it with our tamper proof seal.
- Contact your techBOX specialist to arrange pickup and delivery of your replacement techBOX.
What do I get in return?
- Audit report detailing product serial numbers, manufacturers, and other notes.
- A certificate of destruction, with liability indemnification.
- A Green Report providing proof of your organizations green initiative.
- The option to participate in our remarketing program which allows you to build service credit toward future techBOXes or any of our other services. Ask your techBOX specialist for more details.
- Comfort in knowing your IT assets were disposed of safely and securely.
If it fits, it ships for one flat fee.
Managing end-of-life disposal of computer equipment and office electronics can be problematic. With accelerating technology, data quantity and velocity, the risk of a data breach increases.
The TechR2 techBOX™ creates a secure, designated space for collection and containment of retired IT assets prior to disposal. The techBOX is an all inclusive solution. If it fits, it ships for one flat fee.
Remarketing benefit available
The techBOX™ is designed for items marked for disposal as well as items that still hold value. The remarketing program is available to all techBOX users. All clients may not be an ideal candidate for this program since all is dependent of the age, function, and value of the assets being retired. Either TechR2 can remarket the items of value on your behalf, or the items of known value can be redeployed back to the client for back up machines so they can remarket as they see fit.
A Real life example
A large government agency, with districts throughout Ohio, was in need of an onsite system providing collection and containment solutions for their end-of-life IT assets once pulled from the field and ready for disposal. A techBOX was then ordered and placed onsite. As the box reaches capacity, they simply notify TechR2 – their techBOX is collected and an empty replacement box is left in its place.
The techBOX™ Difference
- Easy to order
- Direct shipping
- Easy to arrange pick up
Once you order is placed, either online or with a techBOX specialist, you will receive a confirmation email. The techBOX will be shipped within 48 hours and you will receive the tracking information. Delivery back to us is easy too. Once the techBOX is full and you have sealed it, contact us and we will arrange to have it picked up and drop off a replacement.
- Three sizes to choose
- Available when you are
- Cost effective
The core concepts of the techBOX are the reduction of e-waste on site, and to also reduce the amount of time spent removing retired technology. By having the techBOX sent directly to your facility you have the ability to fill it as needed. So instead of taking an entire day or week of your time to remove items in bulk, you can simply swap out and dispose of items on the spot.
- Secure Chain of Custody
- NSA approved methods for data destruction
- Tamper Proof Seal
With the techBOX solution you will receive a secure chain of custody from the time of pickup until delivery at TechR2. Once we take physical possession we also take full responsibility for the security of client data and the retired assets. The security operations performed at TechR2 are in accordance to the NIST 800-88 federal guidelines for media sanitization. During the audit process we perform a DoD 3 pass overwrite on all functional hard drives. Our secure deletion software is certified by the National Security Agency. Any non-functional hard drives that cannot be wiped are pulled and then physically destroyed by method of degaussing and/or shredding prior to recycling. Since your security is of the utmost importance, we also provide a serialized tamper proof seal that is not only safe and secure but specific to your techBOX.
- ISO 14001:2015 Certified
- In compliance with HIPAA, HITECH, PCI, SOX, GLBA
- Certificate of Destruction with Liability Indemnification
- Honoring the Environment
Responsibility is something we don’t take lightly at TechR2. TechR2 is ISO 14001:2015 certified. Responsible Recycling is our motto, and we have an obligation to honor and protect the environment. Our data destruction process ensures compliance with regulations such as HIPAA, HITECH, PCI, SOX, Gramm Leach Bliley Act, etc. We are so confident in our work that we provide you with a certificate of destruction with liability indemnification and a Green Report that reflects the good that you’ve done by honoring the environment.
Available in Three Sizes
techBOX™ 10 (On Wheels)
- Holds approx. 125 lbs. or 20 full size laptop units*
- Pullout handle for easy movement
- Fits easily through standard doorways
- Dimensions: 19 ½”w x 15.7″h x 25.6″d
techBOX™ 25 (On Wheels)
- 500 lbs max or 25 units*
- Placed on wheels and fits easily through standard doorways
- Dimensions: 28 ½”w x 43 ½”h x 38 ½”d
techBOX™ 50 (On Pallet)
- 1200 lbs max or 50 units*
- Placed on a pallet for easy mobility in large storage areas
- Dimensions: 47 ½” w x 40 ½”h x 44 ½”d
*Hard drives, CDs, DVDs, phones and tablets are like-devices that contain data and are NOT TO BE PLACED IN techBOX CONTAINERS.
To comply with United States and International regulations, customer data must be protected onsite by the owner. AFTER data bearing devices are wiped, they can be transported freely in techBOX containers.