Compliant Hard Drive and
SSD Shredding and Destruction
“Data Destruction is always accomplished within the four walls of your location and meets federal and state NIST 800-53, 800-171 Cybersecurity Framework and NIST 800-88 standards”
At Techr2, we specialize in hard drive shredding and SSD drive shredding. Our process involves a fully audited, on site, regulation compliant process of data drive logging, degaussing, decommissioning, destruction, and shredding. New laws and regulations are in place, and if your organization and company is not in compliance, there are hefty fines.
TechR2 is the only company in the industry that has been awarded a US Patent for its Track-Contain-Destroy-Verify data security process, is OEM approved, upholds critical ISO certifications, and is recognized for compliance with GDPR, NIST and all governmental regulations concerning data destruction, including ISO 27001, ISO 14001, ISO 9001, and ISO 45001.
Enterprise must control all data in their possession
US state, federal and industry regulations require you, the enterprise to remain in control of the PII, PHI and financial data on your endpoint devices. Arrow shut down its centralized processing site where it had client data in its possession. Other old modeled centralized ITAD processing plants have PII, PHI and financial data on their premises without the required legal agreements that give them control of the data.
All company personnel are required to have their endpoint device classified as to what level of data was on their system such as PII, PHI and financial data. For many of us, that means the data bearing components must be destroyed to NIST 800-88 requirements through the NIST 800-53 or NIST 800-171 Cybersecurity Framework. At that point, the data is forever gone.
For others endpoint devices that had public data on them, those devices can be overwritten to the NIST standard.
Trust the TechR2’s Data Security Team
- Destruction accomplished within the 4 Walls of your location and meets federal and state NIST 800-53, 800-171 Cybersecurity Framework and NIST 800-88 standards
- GDPR, HIPAA, PCI, NERC, FERPA Compliant process and reports
- Competitive pricing providing best performance and value vs other solutions and no hidden fees / 4 layers of data destruction so that collusion can not occur
- Highly skilled technicians with all required certifications perform service onsite
- Virtual reports always accessible on progress and results
- TechR2 is ISO 27001, 9001, 1400and 45001 certified
So for most endpoint devices in the world, the laptop or desktop is fine, but the hard drive must be destroyed into the finest remnants to avoid any change of data recovery. The remnants should also be recycled to ISO 14001 or equal standard.